The Community Farm is a non-profit farm organization on a private property in Arvada, Colorado. There is a lot going on at this little farm and we really promote community health, connectedness, and wellbeing. We have a lot of programs at The Community Farm, read below for a brief description:
- Riding lessons on school horses to all ages and abilities. We offer limited spots because our program is small and personal, it isn’t a commercial barn. Currently we have a few instructors with openings.
- Animal leases– We offer horses, poultry, sheep, goats, alpacas, donkeys and rabbits for individuals and families to lease. Different animals have different requirements and cost. Potential lessors must have an understanding of the farm, know the rules and be familiar with the animal and animal care. To learn more about leasing an animal please contact by email or at (303) 204-7944.
- 4-H– Our 4-H club is a little different than most because we focus on family time and service. 4-H is a national organization for youth 5-18. We meet three times in the summer and really encourage member families to do the project together and help you find resources. We don’t want to contribute to the busyness of life. You can use one of our animals for 4-H and we have a lot of community partners that can help guide and offer education. It is more family directed/led than other clubs in the area. The cost is $45 to the county and then the cost of books. This can take as much or as little time as you would like. The requirements to complete a project are: 1. complete a community service, 2. complete the project record book, 3. complete a demonstration. To see the projects and record books that Jefferson County 4-H offers please visit: https://jeffco.extension.colostate.edu/4-h/
- Westwoods Pony Club– Pony club is an international organization that helps youth develop horsemanship skills, develop as rider and leader. This program offers so many opportunities to its members. WWPC meets once a month (typically the second sunday of the month) and then riders take lessons during the month. More information about pony club can be found at: https://www.ponyclub.org/ . To join please contact: Hillary at 303-646-7136
- Barn Nuggets– This is a twice monthly program for members who are 8 and under (and their families). We focus on non-riding horse knowledge and farm knowledge. Members can join official 4-H Cloverbuds and official pony club if they would like to, but this isn’t required. The cost is $15 per child and you must RSVP. Parents are required to stay and supervise their child. Meetings are currently on the Second Thursday at 5:30 and the fourth Saturday at 10:00
- Animal assisted wellness programs Sara Cate Wellness offers farm yoga on Wednesday mornings and for individual sessions. She also offers somatic therapy. Her contact info is: [email protected] Intricate Roots offers animal assisted therapy and partners with schools. Their contact info is: [email protected]
- Farm shop– we have farm made natural goat soap, member made crafts, TCF logo apparel, occasionally farm eggs, cheese, and produce available in the shop.
- Burro Racing. We have three burros and a burro racing team. More info can be found at: http://www.packburroracing.com/index.shtml
- We offer animal visits, birthday parties and farm tours. Please call me to schedule.
Hopefully this gives you a little bit of an overview as to what goes on here. The Community Farm is a fun and crazy place with a spot for everyone.